Business Finance Manager
Terviva India Pvt Limited
Position: Business Finance Manager
Reports to: Manager Finance & Accounting
Job Type: Full-Time
A leading sustainable agricultural technology company, Terviva, provides patented high-yielding trees to growers and proprietary bean processing to food manufacturers to create sustainable food ingredients, capitalizing on the need for science to bring better plant-based options to consumers. Terviva is recruiting the Manager, Business Applications as they ramp up R&D operations, facilities, and staff to meet the increasing demand for sustainable plant-based proteins & oil.
Founded in 2010, Tervivais a rapidly growing food and ag-tech company that delivers tasty and nourishing plant-based food ingredients from the pongamia tree. The company provides patented high-yielding trees and offers proprietary bean processing to create the world’s most sustainable oil and protein food ingredients. Terviva believes that healthy foods need a healthy planet with thriving ecosystems and strong, resilient social structures to feed the rising global population in a climate-constrained world. The company is dedicated to helping growers feed people while taking care of the planet. Terviva produces plant protein and vegetable oil by growing non-GMO, sustainable Pongamia that is carbon negative and produces dramatically higher yields than other oilseed crops on farmland that can’t be used for traditional crops due to weather, disease, or market challenges. Using natural, proprietary food processing methods, Terviva creates a golden-colored, buttery cooking oil and highly soluble plant protein which is far more sustainable than other oilseed crops commonly used today, such as palm and soy.
Terviva is headquartered in Alameda, California and has offices in Florida, Hawaii, Australia and India. In 2021 May, the company raised $78.0MM in equity capital to commercialize its highly sustainable, new-to market culinary oils and plant proteins. Terviva additionally launched a collaboration with Danone that illustrates a shared vision to improve the environmental outcomes of the food system by supporting regenerative farming practices that improve soil health, water quality and biodiversity, while also improving social and market outcomes.
Learn more at www.terviva.com
This position works directly with the F&A Manager on business financing and financial & planning analysis. This role will manage budgeting, accounting, predicting income and creating profit and loss statements. Budgeting and predicting sales and understanding unit economics will be an important part of this role, meaning candidates with strong financial and analytical skills will be preferred.
- Develops financial models related to potential growth scenarios with various business factors
- Responsible for examining data, using their findings to guide business decisions
- Analyse financial data and develop relevant financial models and cost models
- Perform analysis of key business data and drivers, presenting, finding and recommendations
- Responsible for preparing unit economics-based model (SKU level profitability, Customer profitability, transaction profitability etc.)
- Assessing the strategic fit of a business by analysing all aspects of a transaction, assessing the projected synergies, project managing the deal cycle, assisting in negotiations, and conducting financial modelling
- Provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business initiatives
- Reviews business trends and past results and advises on opportunities to maximize company profits
- Analyses variances in past or present performance and recommends improvements
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for senior stakeholders, providing valuable insights and support globally.
- Assist in company planning cycle, including the long-range planning process, annual budget, and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes
- Support Finance in areas of Automation and Analytics, contributing to planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting strategies.
- Understand and highlight drivers of change within the financial results to facilitate strategic decision making
- Closely manage and monitor all cost drivers and advise on incremental commitments towards budgeted spending
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies and strategic initiatives
- Partner closely with the broader Finance and Accounting teams, proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes and forecasting accuracy across all areas of FP&A
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time.
Required Skills and Education:
- CA or equivalent degree with minimum 7 years of experience in Business Finance role
- Should have strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements
- Should have sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (very strong skills in Excel)
- Rigorous, reliable, adherence to timelines, well self-organized
- Autonomy, Initiative, Curiosity
- Ability to relate well with people to gain their help, co-operation (Teamwork).
- Clear communicator - written and verbal.
- Analytical - able to deal with detail but also summarize clearly.
- Very good IT skills (MS office, Tally ERP, consolidation & reporting tools).
- Passionate, open, straightforward, and effective
• A role model who exerts positive influence on those around him/her.
• Self-motivated and curious with a bias for action.
• Comfortable driving excellence and learning new approaches.
• A passion for Terviva’s mission.
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Potential 10% annual bonus
- Medical and insurance coverage
- Generous leave package
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and so we need employees to be flexible about their Roles, Responsibilities and flexibility in place of working.
Working at Terviva offers you:
Hybrid work model that supports a blend of in-office & remote Five day work week
Potential Global Exposure
Autonomy to work
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
- Remote interview process will be followed.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided according to current safety guidelines
- Temperature screenings will be required for all in-person interviews
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
- Terviva requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before reporting for work.
- To apply, please respond to the company position below.
- Please include your resume and a great cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, disability or handicap (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our executive team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.