Junior Manager People Operations
Terviva India Pvt Limited
Position: HR Operations – Junior Manager (A2)
Reports to: Head HR - India
Salary range- 9-16 LPA
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience – Minimum 7+ years in HR operations
Terviva is a food and agriculture company committed to transforming the food and agriculture industry by making food production more accessible and equitable to farmers, and more sustainable for our communities and our planet.
We do this by cultivating a non-GMO, sustainable tree crop called Pongamia that produces beans with dramatically higher yields than other oilseed crops. Through our extensive R&D, we have developed proprietary bean processing technology that enables us to produce tasty and nourishing plant-based oil and protein food ingredients.
Our Pongamia trees not only produce beans for sustainable food ingredients; they also restore farmland to productive use, helping farmers feed people while taking care of the planet.
We value diversity of thought, culture and biology. We strive towards diversity and inclusion as an essential part of who we are. We recruit teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know our diversity makes us stronger
For more information, please see www.Terviva.com
Generalist HR Operations Junior Manager plays a crucial role in executing, overseeing and managing various HR functions within the organization. This role involves the execution of HR operations, compliance, employee relations, and talent management. The individual in this position will be responsible for ensuring that HR processes and procedures are efficiently administered to support the overall success of the company.
This position will work closely with our India team and under a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of 3 days per week in our Mumbai headquarters. With some level of interaction with global Team which will involve evening virtual meetings.
Employee Life Cycle Management, Audit & Compliance
- Ensure Contract Staff & Employee Life Cycle Management, Audit & Compliance
- Accountable for Recruitment as per the mandate, Joining formalities, Pre and Post Onboarding Readiness, Induction, Attendance & Leave Management, Payroll, Reimbursements, F&F and Exit Management.
- Preparing letters like offer letter, appointment letter and various employment letters;
- Updating and maintaining Employee Database with complete confidentiality;
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Address employee inquiries and concerns, providing guidance and support to resolve issues within the agreed Turn Around Time.
- Update, Manage & Audit Employee & Contract Staff Digital Filings
- Update, Manage and improve HRIS (Human Resources Information System) for efficient data management.
- Conduct exit surveys and interviews to gather feedback and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure OKRs are updated monthly by Employees and Managers, provide necessary guidance
- Ensure compliance with all relevant labor laws, regulations, and reporting requirements related to compensation and benefits. Stay updated on changes in legislation and adjust programs as necessary.
- Coordinate employee training programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Organize birthdays, work anniversaries, social events, team-building exercises, and employee gatherings to foster a sense of belonging and team spirit.
- Get the invoices processed related to HR expenses;
Recruitment, Vendor & Campus Relationship Management
- Design recruitment strategy which consist of various sources and ensure its execution.
- Sourcing, Recruiting & Selecting candidates from relevant channels such as job boards, Consultants and Campuses as per the timelines defined;
- Identify and manage relationships with third party recruitment agencies, campuses and staffing firms;
Policies , FAQs and Processes
- Draft People policies, FAQs and HR SOPs
- Develop and deliver employee communication and education programs related to HR Policies, Compensation & Benefits, Processes, SOPs and Systems.
Compensation & Benefit
- Gather and analyse internal and market compensation & benefits data, Conduct regular salary surveys and benchmarking to determine competitive pay scales.
HR Reporting and Analytics:
- Generate HR reports and analyse data to identify trends and areas for improvement for entire department for the areas described in the Job responsibility.
- Prepare dashboard, identify gaps, present actionable plan and ensure the successful execution.
- Use data-driven insights to make recommendations for program improvements.
Competencies, Skills & Experience
- Advanced excel, Strong analytical and quantitative skills for data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in HRIS software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 7 + years work experience in HR operations
- Strong project management skills.
Education & Background
- Full Time MBA in HR must
- HR Analytics certification is a plus
- Working at Terviva offers you:
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Potential annual bonus.
- Stock options, commensurate with role and experience.
- Medical and dental, vision and life insurance (employee premium fully paid by Terviva.)
- Generous leave package.
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please respond to the company position below by submitting enclosed Job Application Form.
Please include your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status and sexual orientation or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy and all employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.