Finance & Accounts - Jr Manager (Level 3)
Company: Terviva India Private Limited (“Terviva India”)
Job Title: Junior Manager(Level III)-F&A
Reports to: Manager-F&A India
Location: Mumbai, India
Annual CTC : INR 15-20 LPA
Terviva, Inc. is a food and agriculture company committed to transforming the food, energy and agriculture industry by making food and energy production more accessible to and equitable for farmers, and more sustainable for our communities and our planet.
We do this by cultivating a non-GMO, sustainable tree crop called Pongamia that produces beans with dramatically higher yields than other oilseed crops. The beans can be used to produce various forms of biofuel and animal feed, as well as tasty and nourishing plant-based oil and protein food ingredients using Terviva’s proprietary bean processing technology.
Our Pongamia trees not only produce beans for sustainable food ingredients and renewable energy, they also restore farmland to productive use, thus helping farmers feed people while taking care of the planet.
Terviva, Inc. is based in the United States, with subsidiaries in India and Australia, and operations globally (Terviva, Inc., together with its subsidiaries is “Terviva”).
In alignment with our culture and values, we strive to develop a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We do this by hiring and engaging diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we believe our diversity makes us stronger and better while working together.
Learn more at Terviva.com
About Terviva in India:
Pongamia is indigenous to India where it has been used for centuries for ayurvedic and energy purposes. Terviva India is a key part of the global business of Terviva. Terviva India is engaged in the collection, harvesting and processing of wild Pongamia into various products, including but not limited to, feedstock for biofuel, animal feed, and fertilizer.
Terviva strives to make a positive impact in the communities where we operate, in particular in small Indian rural communities where our sustainable agricultural business operations have a direct and positive economic impact for all citizens, and in particular women.
This position works directly with the F&A Manager on accounting, financial reporting, taxation and maintaining banking relations. This position will work closely with our India team and under a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of three days per week in our Mumbai headquarters. We are looking for a candidate with a degree in accounting or finance and with payroll and accounting experience who is willing to learn and grow with an expanding F&A team as it scales the team’s capability to maintain financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, inventory and payments. The candidate will be involved in organizing accounting files, posting transactions to QuickBooks (company is currently upgrading to an ERP system), conducting monthly reconciliation and other accounting and administrative projects and activities. Ultimately, the candidate’s responsibilities will include an increasing focus on accounting responsibilities to accurately record all day‐to‐day financial transactions of our company, including payroll, AR, AP, and inventory, and assist with month‐end close and reconciliations. A desire to learn and grow in the accounting profession is important to grow in this role. Additionally, excellent interpersonal skills are needed for interfacing with management, auditors and other members of the Terviva team.
- Timely and accurate completion of month-end closing, preparation of MIS reporting, variance analysis, financial reporting packages, etc.
- Prepare and oversee the company’s financial statements, related party transactions, tangible-intangibles assets, intercompany and inter branch transaction reconciliation and timely reports.
- Manage Statutory audits, Tax Audits, Due Diligence, and other compliance filings in collaboration with auditors and consultants.
- Managing AP by ensuring timely and efficient invoice booking and payment processing.
- Ensuring TDS deduction and payment, filing of quarterly returns, and monthly TDS reconciliation with Expenses.
- Ensuring GST related compliances, including reconciliation of input tax credit (ITC), GST payments, filing of GST returns, reconciliation of GST returns with books of accounts, GST refunds, etc.
- Knowledge of FEMA compliances, Transfer Pricing, MSME, 15CA/CB, and other statutory and legal compliances to make sure no reporting or audit surprises.
- Computation of advance tax, tax payments, and other income tax compliances
- Process the India payroll accurately by working closely with HR.
- Ensure compliances for payroll related statutory tax payments and filings.
- Support in establishing banking and other important relationships in start-up environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage conflicting priorities effectively, by collaborating with different stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Manage inward-outward foreign remittances, and necessary documentation.
- Monitoring the fund balance constantly to ensure working capital liquidity is maintained by effectively using internal and external options.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from vendors, customers, employees, other relevant internal and external stakeholders; and resolves concerns or discrepancies in timely manner.
- Managing internal controls around financial reporting, compilating SOPs and process notes.
- Drive process improvements, cross functional co-ordinations, accounts clean up, modifications or system enhancements.
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time in a start-up set-up.
Required Skills and Education:
- Chartered Accountant certification required.
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Highly detailed‐oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy in a fast‐paced environment.
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Self‐starter with excellent problem solving skills and the commitment to follow‐through.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in high growth startups and/or high growth Agtech/food companies.
- Prior experience working with QuickBooks.
Working at Terviva offers you:
- The opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing mission-driven start-up that believes in sustainability, equity and care for our environment and our people
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Potential annual bonus.
- Stock options
- Customary Medical Insurance
- Customary Annual and holiday leave
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws.
To apply, please respond to the Company position below.
Please include your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva. Please advise as to whether you will be available for in-person interviews in Mumbai in early December
Terviva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on caste, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status and sexual orientation or any other legally protected status or characteristics. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy and all employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.