Lead Product Marketer / Head of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2023
TradeLanes Product Marketer
TradeLanes is America’s up and coming trade workflow automation solution. We help trade ops (that means all those food and products you consume internationally) shipments eliminate paper filing, ensure data accuracy, remove duplicity among teams and much more for streamlined, reliable trade management. We are looking for a Product Marketer who can drive a Product-Led Growth strategy as we continue to innovate our product and drive value for the trade industry.
What You’ll Do
Reporting directly to the CEO, our Product Marketer will play a pivotal role in delivering on the mission. You will own Voice of Customer so that you can craft messaging and positioning that resonates with our audience. You will design strategies to drive measurable outcomes for our customers using the Jobs To Be Done framework. Notably, you’ll be accountable to activate and expand customers using a Product-Led approach. As the Product Marketer, you will also have an active hand in everything go-to-market at TradeLanes from channel strategy to awareness campaigns. You might be an experienced researcher who wants to dive into product marketing. You might be a trained product marketer well versed in product-led growth. You might be a growth marketer with a knack for UX optimization. Regardless of your previous marketing experience, if the above excites you - we want to talk to you!
We are pioneers in trade workflow automation. We make complicated compliant shipping tasks for export teams easy. These are the most important transactions for our customers – we think of our work as serving global trade’s most stressful moments – and it’s a responsibility we take seriously.
In 2021, our well-funded startup successfully built a white glove service product. Customers love the time it gives them back. Now, we are launching a Product-Led Growth version of TradeLanes. We need you to take us to the next level of delivering value for customers, quickly and easily.
- Work closely with the leadership, customer success and product teams to align on and achieve company targets.
- Own company and product positioning and integrity.
- Own product marketing roadmap.
- Conduct customer research and feed learnings into marketing messaging and strategies.
- Own Jobs To Be Done
- Build and execute new go-to-market strategies, including sales, PR, content and events.
- Own and optimize marketing channels and their respective funnels, including the website, SEO, and email.
- Own product and feature launches, as well as customer adoption.
- Own optimization of the free to paid customer adoption.
- Own all customer experience touchpoints, including email, in-app, and customer support.
- Manage marketing vendors and contractors, including email marketing and SEO.
- Define goals and measures of success for all marketing functions and report on them regularly to leadership.
- Manage departmental budget and ROI.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing, Business or a related field with previous work experience.
- You have 5+ years of direct and relevant experience in digital marketing (previous experience in product marketing is a plus).
- You rely on data for insights and are conversion focused, but you aren’t afraid to try new things.
- More than a strong writer and editor (superior proficiency in English a requirement), you have exceptional product positioning, messaging and storytelling skills.
- You’re a strong SaaS product marketer with experience in funnel conversion optimization.
- You are well versed in Jobs To Be Done.
- You can work across teams and roles extremely well.
- You have hands-on expertise in martech (analytics, reporting, automation, etc.).
- You illustrate excellent time management, strong attention to details, and are committed to meeting deadlines.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong creative outlook.
- Strong bonus points if you have experience in workflow automation tech or import / export (but not required).
- You are happy to work remotely.
What Good Looks Like
- a true passion for our cause bring global trade operations entirely online
- full accountability for marketing’s performance
- pushback in team discussions respectfully and collaboratively
- continuous improvement & personal/professional development
- high ROI on targets set
- success on ambitious optimization targets
You also get employee perks like:
- A fun and friendly work environment with flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation time
- A Macbook laptop with your preference of 1 or 2 monitors
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability and 401k
- A mentor/coach
Your professional development matters:
- Get dedicated support from a marketing executive coach who’ll fast-track your onboarding and give you the tools you need to be successful.
- Have executive level visibility into how the company is run and performing (including revenue, and monthly ops reviews).
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
- There’s no glass ceiling, performers are rewarded and there’s lots of room for advancement.
If you want to lead a team into undeveloped territory and define an entirely new category and product space - we’d like to meet you!
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to careers@TradeLanes.co.