Global Account Manager - Power
What you’ll be doing
Transcend is a technology company focused on accelerating the design and deployment of innovative and sustainable critical infrastructure. In this position you will be responsible for developing new business opportunities and managing accounts to drive customer success. At Transcend we believe it’s not about the software, it’s about the people. In this role you will be responsible for developing a strong relationship with the industry, positioning the business and maximizing the return on investment for customers.
Detailed tasks relating to the position:
- Generate new business opportunities by identifying and qualifying potential clients through various channels such as cold calling, email outreach, and networking events.
- Manage the entire sales process, from lead generation to closing deals, while meeting or exceeding sales targets and KPIs.
- Participate in client meetings with leading electrical engineering and power system design experts on design automation needs
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute effective strategies to increase brand awareness and generate new leads.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients by providing exceptional customer service and support.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients after the deals are closed, addressing any issues, concerns, or questions they may have.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless delivery of products and services to clients.
- Continuously monitor and analyze market trends, industry news, and competitors to identify potential opportunities and threats.
Who you’ll be doing it with
Joining the Energy team at Transcend you will be among the early team members responsible for bringing Transcend’s 10-year-old software product to the energy sector. You will work directly with sales, marketing, and product leadership, to develop and execute a comprehensive got to market strategy to meet company objectives.
Where you’ll be doing it
This position is a remote position with flexibility to work from anywhere in North America or Europe. Similarly, the people you will be working with are from all over North America and Europe. Applicants should have a willingness to travel for major company functions, conferences, and client meetings as well as be flexible in working on a diverse team across several time zones – 30% travel expected. Ability to travel internationally is a requirement.
What we think you’ll need to be successful
Significant industry specific experience will be critical to acting as the Business Development Lead for new and existing lines of business. Specifically:
- Experience in the power industry leading or managing accounts for:
- Utilities, Asset Owners, Developers
- Engineering Firms, EPCs
- Equipment Vendors, OEMs
- Experience developing business in new areas be they, functional, industrial sector or regional
- Strong interpersonal and contract negotiation skills
- Project management experience with responsibility for timeline, budget, and scope adherence
- Experience working at an electric utility would be a plus
Necessary for filling in the position
- 5+ years of experience in business development, sales, or account management, preferably in the engineering, technology, or software industries.
- Strong track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and KPIs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Salesforce or similar CRM software.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required. Up to 50%.
This position will not include
- Management of direct reports – while occupying this role will provide opportunities for advancement into a leadership position, this role will not responsibility for directing or managing the work or performance of other Transcend team members.
- Sales operations, i.e. CRM, and other company wide sales and customer data management
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity, Accessibility
Each Transcender is authentic and united in our mission to advance critical infrastructure design. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive towards building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Transcend provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are a self-motivated and results-driven individual who is passionate about generating new business opportunities and providing exceptional customer service, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com. We offer a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package, along with opportunities for career growth and development.
Please, read our Privacy Statement under this link: https://www.transcendinfra.com/privacy-policy/