Software Development Team Lead
Who are we?
Transcend is disrupting the Engineering and Construction industry. Design Generator, Transcend’s first of its kind software, enables the companies that design our global infrastructure to automate Design & Engineering work that is currently done manually. There is over 400 billion dollars spent on engineering each year, and the process of developing projects has not changed in decades. These companies are critical to our future, as they design our water, power, roads, and other core infrastructure. Due to their archaic processes, they are not innovating fast enough to impact our environment and help solve Climate Change. Over the last 10 years Transcend has developed and implemented a cloud-based software that completely changes the traditional process and transforms the culture of these engineering and construction firms around the world. The company has offices in Hungary and the USA.
Our software and engineering teams work in the office to make sure that collaboration and teamwork can be achieved. They utilize the best practices of AGILE to align priorities and execute on software development. Transcend is backed by leading US, European, and Chinese private equity investors, along with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private-equity arm of the World Bank Group, and Vespucci Partners, a Hungarian-based Private Equity firm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for top talent with high great ideas to join our expanding team and support our vision & growth. Our customers include many of the global top 10 engineering and construction firms.
Grow with us and join the outstanding team at our office in Budapest, Hungary, as a
Software Development Team Lead
reporting to the VP – Delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers, ensuring that team members have clear goals and objectives and are able to work effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features, work with product and project managers to prioritize and plan development tasks for the team.
- Work together with the Engineering Software Development Lead in ensuring cooperation and coordination between the teams
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration within the team, including holding regular team meetings and one-on-ones with team members.
- Help team members set and achieve personal and professional goals, ensure that team members are appropriately trained and equipped to do their job.
- Hire and onboard new team members as needed, foster a culture of continuous learning and development within the team.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habit
- Ensure team’s continuous development and keeping their knowledge up-to-date in the technical stack developed by the System Architect
- Work and manage directly with third party suppliers/developers when required
- Work with the business owners to extend requested functionalities into business scopes that could become business solutions/deliveries
- Responsible for tracking and document the development work, infrastructure, and design
- Estimate and prepares work plans
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Strong communication skills both technical and commercial, both oral and written
- Ability to manage his/her time effectively on their own to exceed customer expectations
- Confidence, high level of energy and passion
- Self-starter; Ability to work with minimum of supervision
- Team player
- Good attention to detail, results driven
- Flexible and open to changing priorities
We need you in our team if you have the following competencies:
- Communication: be able to translate business and process / architectural / mechanical engineering needs to designs and solutions
- Ability to live in a customer-focused start-up world where priorities shift based on customer feedback
- Reliability: get the work done and be there for others to do the same
- Solution-focused: the ability to work through complex problems by maintaining focus on the purpose of the task
- Confidence to take decisions in situations when there is not enough information is available
- Humility in admitting being wrong and learning from it
Location: remote work
For more information about our company visit: https://www.transcendinfra.com
Please, read our Privacy Statement under this link: https://www.transcendinfra.com/privacy-statement/