Senior Substation Design Engineer
Transcend is a sustainability-driven generative design software startup on a mission to transform the way engineering firms, utilities, and technology suppliers assess and design critical infrastructure. Our software automates the preliminary engineering of electrical substations, water and wastewater treatment facilities, and other assets; incorporating innovative and sustainable technologies to ensure safe, equitable access to resilient infrastructure worldwide. We’re dedicated to building the best generative design platform on the market and are seeking a Senior Substation Design Engineer to help us expand our substation product line.
Are you ready for a challenge?
We invite you to be part of a team accomplishing Transcend’s mission to transform the way engineering firms, utilities, and technology suppliers assess and design critical infrastructure!
If you’re excited about changing the substation engineering industry, and are passionate about seeing customers succeed, then you should check out Transcend. Our software is being built to be the only product on the market that can automate the preliminary engineering (first 30%) of a substation.
We put an extraordinary amount of effort and expertise into building the best design automation platform on the market today. We want you to help our substation team in developing and enforcing the technical basis for a generative design engine developed to automate the application of physical first principles, engineering best practices and regulatory requirements to the design of substations and other critical energy infrastructure.
Transcend is disrupting the Engineering and Construction industry. Transcend Design Generator (”TDG”), a first-of-its-kind generative design software platform, enables the companies that design our global infrastructure to automate Design & Engineering work that is currently done manually. There is over 500 billion dollars spent on engineering services each year, and capital planning and project developement processes have not changed in decades. These companies are critical to our future, as they design our power, water, roads, and other core infrastructure. Due to their archaic processes, they are not innovating fast enough to impact our environment and help solve Climate Change. Over the last 10 years Transcend has developed and implemented a cloud-based software that completely changes the traditional process and transforms the culture of these engineering and construction firms around the world. The company has a unique remote culture with offices in Europe and the USA.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop design procedures for the automation of Transmission, Sub transmission, distribution, and collector Substation design.
- Apply domain knowledge and engineering best practices to ensure that reasonable, economical, and technically sound engineering designs are produced by the Transcend Design Generator (TDG). You will ensure the TDG operates in accordance with standard engineering practices, as well as client requirements.
- Participate in client meetings with leading electrical engineering and power system design experts on design automation needs
- Work with the Software Development Team and other disciplines in developing design specifications to automate design of traditional power system technologies as well as emerging technologies
- Provide support to software developers in integration and testing of specified design features
- Provides technical support and assist to communication of Business Development and Sales teams with clients
- Some travel will be required <10%
Within the Energy Product Team, you will:
- Design and codify engineering logic to greenfield and brownfield Substations
- Apply codes and standards to various aspects of substation design
- Conduct and or review various relevant power system studies
- Develop and effectively maintain high quality engineering documentation and you will be critical to daily activities in this role.
- Act as a translator to help software developers understand engineering rules and standards
- Troubleshoot software to validate it conforms to the engineering rules and standards
How success will be determined:
- Properly estimating work effort required for planning of engineering activities
- Ability to maintain project schedule
- Quality of engineering specifications and activities
- Response time to software developer questions
We would love to hear from YOU if some of these sound like you:
Minimum qualifications for the position:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineer from ABET accredited curriculum
- 6+ years of relevant experience designing transmission and distribution infrastructure including Substations
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills and core competencies for a senior level position.
Preferred Qualifications for the position:
- Substation construction experience and or maintenance experience
- Experience working at an engineering consulting firm with multiple customers/utilities
- Experience in software development (a big one if it is .NET or Python)
- Strong Hungarian speaking and writing skills
Location: Work from anywhere in Europe or North America
Willingness to travel to company conferences and customer on-sites while adhering to COVID guidelines – 10% travel expected
Ability to travel internationally
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity, Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive towards building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Transcend provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you think you are a fit for Transcend and for this position please send your resume to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please, read our Privacy Statement under this link: https://www.transcendh2o.com/privacy-policy/