Strategic & Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Transcend is a sustainability-driven generative design software startup on a mission to transform the way engineering firms, utilities, and technology suppliers assess and design critical infrastructure. Our software automates the preliminary engineering of water and wastewater treatment facilities, electrical substations, and other assets; incorporating innovative and sustainable technologies to ensure safe, equitable access to resilient infrastructure worldwide. We’re dedicated to building the best generative design platform on the market and are seeking a dynamic Strategic & Competitive Intelligence Analyst to help us grow our business.
What you will be doing:
Transcend is seeking an experienced Strategic & Competitive Intelligence Analyst to be the inaugural full-time hire within our new Market and Competitive Intelligence Function. The Strategic & Competitive Intelligence Analyst will provide strategic insights to support decision-making across various departments by conducting in-depth market research and analysis.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Market Analysis:
- Evaluate and size the Total Addressable Market (TAM), Serviceable Available Market (SAM), and Serviceable Obtainable Market (SOM) for existing and new verticals and asset types, differentiated by geography and region.
- Track and analyze the top customers and potential customers within each vertical and asset type.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and maintain market segmentation strategies to target specific customer segments effectively, and assist with developing messaging to each micro-segment.
2. Competitive Analysis:
- Monitor competitors within each vertical, asset type, and functionality type, providing detailed profiles on products, pricing strategies, and market positioning, as well as feature/function analysis.
- Create in-depth competitive profiles and benchmarking reports to inform our GTM and product development strategies.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive market and competitive intelligence database, ensuring visibility and accessibility to relevant stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, innovations, and emerging technologies
related to Generative Design and SaaS
3. Data Interpretation and Reporting:
- Communicate insights and findings regularly to executive teams, the go-to-market (GTM) team, and the product team to inform decision-making, and support communication to the Board of Directors as needed.
- Utilize various research methods and tools to gather and interpret data, including surveys, customer interviews, and industry reports.
- Collaborate with third-party research firms to complete market and competitive research and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assist in setting up database structures and templates for market and competitor information.
- Prioritize verticals and competitors for strategic analysis and action plans
4. Strategic Projects:
- Assist with various other strategic projects as needed, including building financial models, SaaS industry benchmarking, and customer behavior/product usage analysis, marketing ROI analyses, and due diligence for fundraising/M&A processes.
We need you on our team if you have the following competencies:
- Organized: You are a highly organized individual, with high attention to detail
- Self-Starter: You thrive in a start-up environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Reliability: You get the work done in an efficient and prompt manner
- Decisive: You have the confidence to make decisions in situations when there is not enough information available.
- Team Player: Ability to work in a remote team environment, across time zones, but also thrives working independently.
- Exceptional communication skills: Ability to simply and clearly present complex financial concepts to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding analytic skills: A high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex business issues.
- EQ: High degree of emotional intelligence with ability to earn the respect of a diverse
and international workforce.
- Integrity: Strong ethics with unquestioned integrity; High personal standards of behavior.
- Passion: Confidence, high level of energy, Ability to quickly develop credibility; respected as a leader.
Who you will be doing it with:
This position reports directly to the Founder and CEO and will work closely with the entire executive leadership team including COO, CFO, VP Product, and Chief Commercial Officer.
Where you will be doing it:
This position is a remote position with flexibility to work from anywhere in North America or Europe. Similarly, the people you will be working with are from all over North America and Europe. Applicants should have a willingness to travel as well as be flexible in working on a diverse team across several time zones 20-30% travel expected. The ability to travel internationally is a requirement.
During the first 3-4 months in the role, you will be expected to spend regular time (1-2 weeks per month) in our headquarters in Princeton, NJ.
We would love to hear from YOU if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Economics, Finance, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in market research methodologies and database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create clear and concise reports.
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable strategies and techniques.
- Adept at presentations and stakeholder management.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of database software is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights.
- Knowledge of the SaaS industry and Water/Energy/Infrastructure markers is a plus.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity, Accessibility
Each Transcender is authentic and united in our mission to advance critical infrastructure design. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive towards building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Transcend provides accessible accommodation during the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please tell us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are a self-motivated and results-driven individual who is passionate about building a business, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package, along with opportunities for career growth and development.
Please read our Privacy Statement: https://www.transcendinfra.com/privacy-policy/