Senior Process Engineer
Who are we?
Transcend is disrupting the Engineering and Construction industry. Design Generator, Transcend’s first of its kind software, enables the companies that design our global infrastructure to automate Design & Engineering work that is currently done manually. There is over 400 billion dollars spent on engineering each year, and the process of developing projects has not changed in decades. These companies are critical to our future, as they design our water, power, roads, and other core infrastructure. Due to their archaic processes, they are not innovating fast enough to impact our environment and help solve Climate Change. Over the last 10 years Transcend has developed and implemented a cloud-based software that completely changes the traditional process and transforms the culture of these engineering and construction firms around the world. The company has offices in Hungary and the USA.
Our software and engineering teams work in the office to make sure that collaboration and teamwork can be achieved. They utilize the best practices of AGILE to align priorities and execute on software development. Transcend is backed by leading US, European, and Chinese private equity investors, along with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private-equity arm of the World Bank Group, and Vespucci Partners, a Hungarian-based Private Equity firm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for top talent with high great ideas to join our expanding team and support our vision & growth. Our customers include many of the global top 10 engineering and construction firms.
Grow with us and join the outstanding team at our office in Budapest, Hungary, as a
“Senior Process Engineer”
reporting to the “Lead Process Engineer”.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as Technical Consultant in teams that are set up for specific customer development projects. Typical project phases are evaluation, scoping, confirmation, handover, planning, development, testing, launch, adoption.
- Develop process design methods for any kind of process unit that can be present in a wastewater treatment facility.
- Translate these methods to specifications that are understandable and followable for software developers.
- Create test cases, test procedures for any existing or new feature of the Product, including existing and new process units.
- Test the Product from an end-user perspective.
- Support commercial activities and participate in client meetings, understand their needs, review their documentation, their design practices and calculations, hold demos, and answer questions related to the Product and development direction of the Product.
- Document and maintain design rules in a format shareable with clients for any new development created as part of the previous task above.
- Other activities the Company may request from time to time.
- Participate in client meetings with leading global water and wastewater experts on design automation needs.
- Support developing mechanical and civil design procedures by applying best engineering practices to ensure that reasonable, economical and technically sound engineering designs are produces in accordance with standard engineering practices, as well as client requirements.
- Work with the Engineering Team and other disciplines in developing design specifications in order to automate design of well-established processes and emerging technologies.
- Provide support to software developers in integration and testing of specified design features.
- Provide technical support and assist to communication of Business Development and Sales teams with clients.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Environmental Engineering or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in process engineering
- Proven track record of leading process improvement projects and delivering measurable results.
- Fluent English skills
- Experience working in Agile environment is a plus
- Strong understanding of unit operations, process design principles, and process safety practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data sets and draw actionable conclusions.
- Basic level of programming skills to support day-to-day automation related tasks is a BIG PLUS.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
We need you in our team if you have the following competencies:
- Communication: be able to translate business and process / architectural / mechanical engineering needs to designs and solutions
- Ability to live in a customer-focused start-up world where priorities shift based on customer feedback
- Reliability: get the work done and be there for others to do the same
- Solution-focused: the ability to work through complex problems by maintaining focus on the purpose of the task
- Confidence to take decisions in situations when there is not enough information available
- Humility in admitting being wrong and learning from it
Location: remote work
If you think you are a fit for Transcend and for this position please send your resume to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company visit: https://www.transcendinfra.com.
Please, read our Privacy Statement under this link: https://transcendinfra.com/privacy-policy/