Senior Manager of Project Development
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The commercial team at Twelve is seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Director of Project Development. The team is responsible for building the pipeline of deployment sites for Twelve’s E-Jet and other products, including strategy, site selection, carbon dioxide sourcing, hydrogen sourcing, electricity sourcing, product offtake and logistics.
In this role, you would be part of a small but impactful commercial team, reporting to the VP of Commercial and collaborating closely with Twelve’s other leaders. You’ll join the team at an extremely high leverage time as we establish and execute our project strategy for scaling Twelve’s deployments over the next decade. This will be a functional leadership role with a great mix of strategic thinking, detailed analysis, deal origination, and negotiating key project commercial agreements.
The core objectives for this role will be to lead and support core commercial aspects of Twelve’s project development work, with a primary focus on carbon dioxide sourcing, hydrogen sourcing, and logistics. You’ll be challenged to build a robust pipeline of high quality opportunities with partners that will support Twelve’s rapid commercial scaling. You’ll apply the skills from your prior work in energy, industrial gases, and related fields, to help establish and execute the commercial development strategy for a first-of-kind climate technology.
What You Will Do
- Establish strategic partnerships with large commercial counterparties for the deployment of multiple fuel production projects.
- Originate and negotiate project-related commercial agreements such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen supply agreements in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external advisors.
- Conduct outreach and in-person visits with potential partners to evaluate opportunities and ground-truth information.
- Create and lead the company’s project logistics strategy, including feedstock and outbound product delivery.
- Support the development and iteration of the company’s project development strategy.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, business, or operations
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience and demonstrated track record of successful commercial execution related to energy or commodities projects
- Industry-leading knowledge of carbon dioxide sourcing, tax incentives, hydrogen, project logistics, and other aspects of the potential role
- Industry network spanning major carbon dioxide emitters
- Strong contract development, review and negotiation skills
- Excitement about getting out into the field and traveling to sites, up to 50% travel
- Passion for sustainability
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.