Director, Client Delivery
Director, Client Delivery
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts (possible flexible location across the U.S. East Coast time zone preferred )
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA’s mission is to make communities cleaner, safer, and more equitable. Using its Web3 platform, VIA enables real-time data verification, automated ingestion, and privacy-preserving analysis across multiple private data sources including energy and environmental data. The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Fortune 50 companies, and energy providers around the globe trust VIA to help them solve their toughest data challenges.
As a Director, Client Delivery, you will ensure a smooth transition between the Sales and Delivery teams by taking part in pre-sales activities. You will attend client meetings and help scope client’s needs in order to prepare sample project outlines or proposals. In addition, you will oversee the integration process of our software into our clients’ existing workflows. This includes understanding the client’s goals and constraints, communicating them to our technical teams, and evaluating how our software would best support their current operations, while providing them with the most value. The ideal candidate has helped manage the delivery of multiple data products or business intelligence services within or for large organizations and has a firm understanding of data security concepts.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate on pre-sales/pre-contracting engagements and assist with:
- Scoping and forecasting client needs
- Software demos
- Solution and project design
- Preparing proposals
- Lead day-to-day client engagement operations, including being the “go-to” person on our team to identify and articulate customer needs and pain points.
- Manage multiple customer implementations or integrations effectively (i.e., ensure that timelines, client communication, and quality of work standards are being met), including:
- Defining product strategy and constraints by working directly with clients and collaborating with internal stakeholders including technical team leads
- Memorializing in writing meeting outcomes and subsequent steps to ensure the successful follow-up and / or propagation of new information across the entire team
- Guiding the technical team using client/stakeholder feedback to outline deliverables, make product decisions, and prioritize the team’s backlog
- Managing customer expectations proactively throughout engagements, including identifying and responding to unexpected requests, events or a change in focus that may arise throughout the implementation process
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes for our clients (such as how we structure our client engagements, or more specifically successful deliverables and milestones)
- Assist in strategizing and developing avenues for product expansion with current clients and collaborate with the sales and technical teams to support those opportunities
- Participate in both the technical and commercial team product planning and roadmapping
What you will bring to this role:
- 10+ years in a client (internal or external) facing role in technology consulting or other related fields, with experience working with and managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Strong interest and/or experience in Web3 technologies and their potential applications
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including deployments and infrastructure, to effectively oversee the integration of our software seamlessly into clients’ existing workflows
- Extensive experience with client interactions, processes, and deliverables (working across both technical and commercial business functions)
- A consistent track record of excellent client service and ‘on time’ delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid pattern recognition skills; confident in highlighting areas that may be potential advantages or weaknesses, and recommending ideal course corrections based on past client experience
- Experience in federal government, state government, or the power sector is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% to client meetings (as required)
- Eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance
To have a high impact at VIA, you will be:
- Self-motivated and driven
- Passionate about sharing your vision and inspiring others to positively influence outcomes
- An inclusive leader who fosters collaboration
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity makes every day rewarding!
Read about our perks and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.