Chief of Staff
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is seeking a Chief of Staff to play a critical role in managing a mix of program, operational, and strategic priorities. The Chief of Staff will report directly to the CEO, while acting as a key supporting member of C-suite leadership. This individual is expected to think strategically, consistently drive processes across the organization, and deliver impactful business outcomes.
The Chief of Staff must be comfortable collaborating with and engaging senior leaders while managing in a fast-paced, start-up environment. Will have demonstrated executive level communication skills, be organized, solution oriented, and have a proven ability to attain results. In addition, this candidate must uphold a high standard of discretion and integrity due to managing high-level confidential matters.
- Help establish, monitor, and coordinate the execution of executive goals and strategic initiatives.
- Translate the output of the planning processes into action-orientated plans for members of the executive leadership team.
- Own key cross-functional initiatives and coordinate cross-departmental communications.
- Develop processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Assist in the development and tracking of company-wide annual plans and OKRs.
- Create high quality presentations for executive leadership and external audiences.
- Develop and manage communications on behalf of leadership.
- Facilitate effective decision-making and change management throughout the organization.
- Build, develop and support relationships with key stakeholders internally and key partnerships externally.
- Ideal candidate combines experience having worked in both a fast-paced, high growth startup environment, as well as a more traditional fast paced environment such as consulting or investment banking.
- Automotive / e-mobility experience not required.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Staff or department head preferred.
- Expertise in C-suite interactions and detailed discussions around corporate strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, people management and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Personal integrity, and a team-oriented mindset.
- Exceptional project management and a principled focus on results.
- Outstanding analytic ability, reasoning, intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors.
- California: $165,000 - $250,000
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?