Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is hiring a talented and experienced Corporate Paralegal who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust and respond to competing business deadlines. A successful Corporate Paralegal will be driven and have prior professional experience as a paralegal in a law form or in-house legal department.
**This is an on-site based opportunity from our Los Angeles, CA Headquarters**
- Manage the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) process, including review and revision of NDAs.
- Assist in the preparation of securities filings and related matters, including Section 16 reporting, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy Statements, and Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Assist in corporate governance matters with respect to the Board of Directors and/or its Committees; facilitate preparation for Board of Directors meetings, including coordinating with senior management to ensure that appropriate matters are included in meeting agendas and leading the coordination of materials for Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
- Interface with law firms, banks, notaries and other service providers.
- Track annual compliance obligations of domestic and international subsidiaries and relevant coordinate filings.
- Conduct claim substantiation review in corporate marketing materials; review and revise marketing materials to comply.
- Manage contract management system and maintain corporate records
- Facilitate application of U.S. federal and state corporate licenses and permits.
- Draft, edit, revise and proofread general correspondence, memos, legal documents and reports from various sources.
- Assist in administration of the company’s insider trading policies and trading window compliance.
- Support planning and logistics for company earnings calls, annual stockholder’s meetings, and Board of Director and Committee meetings.
- Establish and manage internal corporate processes, including maintenance of databases and implementation of policies.
- Facilitate execution and payment of invoices and agreements.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
A Successful Individual Will Excel in the Following Areas:
- Ownership Oriented. You are a self-starter who values taking ownership of projects. Should be able to identify issues and solve practical problems in an independent manner
- Organized and Dedicated Problem Solver. You have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Workflow Prioritization Demonstrated ability to prioritize workflow, meet deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Must thrive in an environment that is ever-evolving
- Positive Attitude. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. You have a positive attitude and a desire to contribute to a strong, supportive team
- Intellectually Curious You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to speak and write with confidence and competence for a wide audience, including management
- Attention to Details. Yes, we realize that “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Team Player & Relationship Builder. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executive team members and employees across all levels of the company in a highly professional manner
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less that the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including not but limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors.
- California: $80,000 - $105,000
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?