Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos' FP&A team provides financial planning and analysis with broader business decision making and strategy, directly supporting senior leadership.
We are hiring a talented FP&A Analyst to play a critical role in supporting and providing analysis in all matters operational, financial, and strategic to lead cross-functional decisions and implementation of recommendations. The FP&A Analyst will collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization to develop and maintain financial models, analyze financial data, provide insightful reports, and contribute to the overall financial strategy of the company.
A successful FP&A Analyst will have a strong analytical mindset with technical ability, possess a strong financial acumen, and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insight.
Financial Planning and Modeling
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Model business unit financials such as pricing, revenue, COGS, margin targets, and CapEx
- Create variance analysis reports and financial models
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct financial analysis to evaluate investment opportunities, cost-saving initiatives, and potential risks.
- Guide planning and resource management (e.g. headcount, investment approvals, etc) for specific verticals within Xos, including developing of financial forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and materials for board meetings and investor presentations.
- Partner with leadership, finance/accounting, engineering, business development, and manufacturing to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and other financial reports.
- Analyze key performance indicators, revenue, cost of sales, operating expenses and capital expenditures (includes developing financial models and decision-making tools)
- Provide FP&A finance support to senior leadership, finance, and accounting teams related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and metrics in a timely manner.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Review and analyze budget vs. actual performance, identify discrepancies, and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop and track cross-company efforts to improve gross margin and cash flow.
- Identifying initiatives for improvement of Xos’ financial outlook, including developing, tracking, and executing business initiatives
Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven experience as an FP&A Analyst or similar role
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting techniques, developing financial reports and metrics, and financial analysis tools.
- Strong Excel, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint) skills required
- Familiarity with ERP systems and financial planning software is a plus, Netsuite experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience working at an OEM, Automotive supplier, Electric Vehicle company preferred but not required
- Strong business acumen and proactive approach to identifying financial opportunities and risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner and ability to interact with various management levels.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture.
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?