Vehicle Controls Resident Software Engineer
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is hiring a Vehicle Controls Resident Software Engineer to serve as a liaison between engineering and manufacturing teams on the software development for different vehicle platforms. The Vehicle Controls Resident Software Engineer will work with cross-functional teams to capture requirements for different subsystems in the vehicle software and contribute to the design of algorithms based on those requirements. An ideal candidate will have confidence in their ability to contribute significantly and independently to the vehicle-build as well as contributing to the team with innovative ideas. This position will also provide support to testing and field issues when not supporting plant related activites.
*This is an on-site based position at our Byrdstown, TN manufacturing plant*
- Collaborate with various departments to work on vehicle control requirements
- Design and develop the control algorithms and logics for vehicle control module
- Assist with vehicle “wake-up” and address controls issues associated with vehicle production and end of line testing.
- Create control design, implementation and testing documents
- Assist in the configuration of the components in the electric powertrain system
- Support diagnostics design and testing for different vehicle systems
- Support issue resolution and root cause analysis associated with vehicle development and production.
- B.Sc in electrical engineering/control engineering or equivalent
- Vehicle control modeling experience
- Proficient in C/C++, Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow
- Familiarity with embedded control hardware and microcontrollers
- Experience developing embedded software for real-time systems using model-based development method in Matlab
- Self-motivated, ability to work alone as well as with a team.
- Will excel in the startup environment (fast-paced, small team, wear many hats).
- Obsessed with solving complex problems.
- Experience with change management tools such as JIRA
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?