Senior Purchasing Manager
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is seeking a driven and self-oriented Senior Purchasing Manager to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products, as well as leading a team of Global Supply Managers within a defined scope of commodities and categories. As a Senior Purchasing Manager your responsibilities will include leading a team, negotiating with suppliers, new vendor sourcing, tracking orders, creating, and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance, and liaising with inventory teams and management. You will work with cross-functional teams across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand to support and lead early supplier engagement throughout the development phases and product qualifications.
As a Senior Purchasing Manager you will also build strong strategic relationships with supply partners to ensure project timing and cost targets are met. You will determine the total cost of ownership for your assigned team’s commodities by understanding the underlying cost drivers supporting new business awards.
- Establish and manage XOS supply base for Thermal, Power Electronics, and Stamping Commodities to ensure the best supplier partners are selected to support development, prototype, and production activity
- Lead all RFP/RFQ activities for your respective area
- Analyze supplier proposals and negotiate all aspects of the quotation to drive down the total cost of ownership and ensure world class pricing
- Manage supplier relationships including monitoring supplier performance and competitiveness
- Recommend and effectively present to leadership sourcing strategies for multiple programs that meet the business objectives and timelines
- Build relationships across multiple teams (Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality) and work across different levels in the organization to ensure program timelines are achieved
- Work with XOS engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, quality, finance, safety and other various departments
- Support supplier quality and technical reviews
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives for cost, quality, and delivery
- Work with XOS team members to construct sourcing council packages for leadership consideration prior to Business Award
- Organizes and maintains relative data pertaining to costs, budgets, sourcing activities, and supplier performance on the XOS ERP system
- Prepares and delivers presentations to the leadership team regarding plans, status, sourcing, and spend decisions
- Visit supplier's facilities and accurately assess technical capability and capacity
- Works with XOS team members to refine and execute sourcing and negotiation strategies with suppliers
- Lead, train, mentor, and develop the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business is required (master’s degree is a plus)
- Minimum 7 years Commercial Vehicle, Automotive, Industrial Procurement experience
- Thermal, Power Electronics, Stampings commodity experience
- Knowledge of Procurement principles, including strategic sourcing and legal aspects of purchasing
- Skill in complex communications, such as negotiation and problem resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Remarkable problem-solving skills, with a bias for speed
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes, and market conditions in area of specialization
- Skill to understand supplier cost breakdown and challenge supplier assumptions based on understanding of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of ERP systems such as NetSuite, SAP
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Global travel as needed - 25%
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors.
- California: $100,000 - $150,000
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?