Accounts Payable Specialist
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos' Accounting Team is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to play an integral role in AP Operations and month end close. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for processing invoices, vendor statements reviews, handling incoming vendor and associate calls for payment inquiries, filing supporting documentation, and the opportunity to work on other various projects as we scale. The Accounts Payable Specialist will report directly to the AP Manager, and have an opportunity to cross-train in other Accounts Payable responsibilities.
- Responsible for processing invoices accurately and timely
- Ensure 2-way / 3-way match is performed for bill processing
- Review vendor statements
- Process credit memos
- Ensure timely approval for processing invoices
- Resolve discrepancies
- Respond to vendor and internal inquiries in a timely manner
- Perform vendor statement reconciliations
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Obtain and record W9 form information into vendors profile, maintain electronic filing of W 9 forms and assist with other pertaining duties as needed
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards
- Assist in preparing annual 1099 reporting
- Assist in preparing month end reconciliations including credit card accruals, expense report accruals, and AP accruals
- Document processes, and propose and implement new procedures as necessary
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with internal associates and external vendors
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and tasks as needed
- Standard Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/related field or at least 5 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of AP experience in automotive/manufacturing/consumer goods is preferred
- Experience with Inventory transactions and three-way match for billing required
- Passion for end-to-end procurement process and improvements
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to multitask
- Strong Excel skills (xlookup, pivot tables)
- Netsuite experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across the organization
- Demonstrated ability of time management with strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with ability to dive into the organizations processes and operations to understand the business and how it impacts P2P and Accounts Payables
- Able to manage a high energy high results environment
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.