Field Service Technician
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is hiring an experienced Field Service Technician responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and reporting on Xos vehicles. Operating primarily in the field, this role requires a high level of productivity and self-reliance while traveling. The Field Service Technician is responsible for taking customers' stated concerns and quantifying those into actionable technical issues. Detailed reporting on the cause, root cause, and corrective actions will drive improved production quality and field fix development. Exceptional customer service, knowledge of the complete vehicle, in addition to battery systems, is key to success in this position.
- Diagnose, repair, and report on quality and design concerns on vehicles.
- Work in conjunction with company stakeholders such as design, engineering, as well as 3rd party partners.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) electrical diagnosis, controls, and module programming.
- In depth knowledge of basic electrical concepts, including the use of various volt-ohm meters.
- Exceptional knowledge of regular commercial truck mechanical systems (experience with motors and harness systems preferred)
- Provides professional customer facing support
- Completes timely and accurate case notes, repair orders, and opens new cases as needed
- Demonstrates a professional appearance and communication skills to customers while on job sites and when communicating via phone and email
- Complete training objectives as assigned by management.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proven aptitude for electrical systems, both high and low voltage.
- Associates Degree or Vocational Certificate in automotive service technology related discipline or relevant work experience 4+ years.
- ASE Certifications are a plus
- CDL class A or B preferred
- Must have valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Strong understanding of Google Suite applications
- Be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Must be willing to travel as business needs require (typically 60-80% of the time), including overnight stays
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, overtime, and holidays on occasion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift over 50 pounds, perform work under commercial vehicles with the use of personal protective equipment from the ground at various worksite locations, including outdoors and in varying weather conditions.
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.