Resident Mechanical Engineer
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
As a Resident Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and managing vehicle/chassis engineering projects at the Xos Byrdstown Manufacturing plant. The Resident Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful execution of engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of mechanical systems.
A successful Resident Mechanical Engineer will possess strong technical expertise, excellent project management skills, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Coordinate mechanical engineering projects from conception to completion, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Oversee the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of mechanical systems and equipment. Provide technical guidance to technicians and subcontractors, ensuring compliance with design specifications and safety regulations.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design and develop mechanical systems, components, and equipment. Analyze data and prepare detailed engineering drawings to specifications.
- Identify and resolve mechanical issues on-site.
- Conduct inspections and quality checks to ensure compliance with engineering standards, specifications, and industry best practices. Implement corrective actions to address non-conformities and improve overall system performance.
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports, project documentation, and progress updates. Maintain accurate records of engineering designs, modifications, test results, and maintenance activities.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams, including contractors, suppliers, and internal Xos teams to ensure effective communication and collaboration throughout the project lifecycle. Provide technical guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in mechanical engineering in automotive or manufacturing applications
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, practices, and design standards.
- Proficiency in CAD software (CATIA highly preferred) and other relevant engineering tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and budget constraints
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail. Ability to identify issues, propose innovative solutions, and implement corrective actions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively convey complex technical information.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing project requirements and priorities. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to delivering high quality results. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.