Senior Vehicle Controls Software Engineer
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
The Senior Vehicle Controls Software Engineer will lead the vehicle controls software development efforts for different Xos platforms. This individual will be responsible for solving complex system problems and developing innovative algorithms for the Xos platforms. You will be hands-on with the development process and act as a mentor to junior team members. You will be responsible for different features within powertrain and body control.
- Manage all aspects of vehicle control software development for multiple platforms on Xos vehicles.
- Setup internal development processes to deliver high quality software on time and within budget.
- Lead the team’s efforts in extending the capability of Controls to cover more challenging driving scenarios and new vehicle platforms.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Work with Technical Project Managers and Senior Engineering Managers to develop and execute project roadmaps.
- Collaborate with the testing team to ensure successful implementation.
- Foster a collaborative culture of testing, safety, and documentation.
- Increase the productivity of the team by identifying process gaps, common pain points, and scalability issues and develop a plan to address them.
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering or related technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development, preferably in automotive industry.
- Experience managing a product team through the requirements, design, prototype, development, validation, and launch phases of successful new product introductions.
- Expert in C/C++, Matlab, Simulink, and Stateflow.
- Familiar with Functional Safety ISO 26262.
- Familiarity with embedded control hardware and microcontrollers.
- Experience developing embedded software for real-time systems using model-based development method in Matlab is a must.
- Working knowledge of automotive communication technology and protocols (CAN, J1939, etc.)
- Experience with change management tools such as JIRA, Requirement management tools such as Jama, etc.
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git or SVN.
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less that the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including not but limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
- California (Los Angeles Metropolitan): $120,000 - $170,000
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.