Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is hiring an experienced Transportation Manager to join the Supply Chain Team who will manage a team of Logistics analysts who are responsible for ensuring that the supply chain is efficient and effective throughout their organization. They will establish, organize, monitor, report on the distribution of goods moving in and out of the XOS facilities ensuring items and resources are shipped to their appropriate destinations. This role will be supporting the whole of XOS enterprise logistics needs.
- Strategically plan and manage materials pickup, packaging and distribution, logistics and transportation of raw materials and finished goods.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate Order to Delivery Transportation & Logistics cycle.
- Effectively liaise with Transportation service providers, Freight Forwarders, Carrier services, Customs & Import brokerage services, Supplier and Customer Supply Chain and Warehouse teams
- Reduce overall Transportation costs by negotiating better pricing and leveraging other innovative strategies like better scheduling, consolidating and cross-docking opportunities.
- Keep track and provide greater visibility through scheduled and ad hoc reporting on material pickup, in-transit goods, delivery schedules
- Ensure Trade & Transport Compliance in accordance with all State, Interstate DOT & Federal regulations for all goods and materials being transported
- Supervise, coach and train logistics workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess delivery performance and implement improvements
- Actively support productivity, logistics and supply chain improvement efforts and work to streamline processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or Masters in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Inventory management, Industrial Engineering, Operations or applicable discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Transportation & Logistics roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes and supply chain management required
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to clearly communicate your position throughout the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management systems; previous ERP and Oracle/NetSuite experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead and manage work teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A team player attitude and are passionate about your responsibilities
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.