Human Resources Generalist
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is hiring a Human Resources Generalist to play a pivotal role in implementing and maintaining HR programs, contributing to the entire employee lifecycle. With a broad knowledge of human resources functions and a focus on compliance, the role involves facilitating employee trainings, supporting HR Business Partners, providing strategic guidance, and ensuring a smooth operation of HR processes. The goal is to deliver best-in-class HR support and maximize value for both the Xos community and the organization.
- Identify and recommend improvements to HR programs to enhance efficiency and the employee experience
- Manage new hire onboarding logistics, employee offboarding, and lead the Employee Orientation Program
- Stay updated on HR/compliance laws for states with Xos employees and implement process improvements for compliance
- Administer and execute human resource programs, including benefits, leaves, discplinary matters, investigations, performance management, talent management, safety, and training and development
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, reviewing policies and practices regularly
- Manage employee relations, leaves, state and federal reportings, and respond to inquiries regarding benefits, systems, performance, and policies
- Partner with HR Business Partners, on projects and organizational changes
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Maintain personnel-related data in the database, ensuring all employment requirements are met.
- Assist in policy development, and maintenance of department SOPs.
- Prepare State and Federal mandated reports
- Support ad-hoc People Ops projects
- Act as the first point of contact for managers on employee relations, Personnel Actions Forms, Performance Improvement Plans, etc.
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience; multi-state experience highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management, or related discipline preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional Human Resources (PHR) credential is plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in Spanish preferred
- Strong knowledge in Labor Law and State/Federal laws and regulations
- Understanding of Human Resources concepts, practices, programs, and methodologies
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment with a result-driven approach
- Self-driven, analytical thinker with effective organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of Google Workspace preferred; experience with HRIS systems (e.g. Rippling) a plus
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism while interfacing with all levels of the organization
- Will be required to travel to our Byrdstown,TN Manufacturing Plant 20-30% travel
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.