Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is hiring an experienced Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to be responsible for the oversight of SEC financial reporting standards and technical accounting through practical experience and thought leadership. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will have a passion for making complex things simple and supercharging our processes to ensure our financial information is compliant with US GAAP. As the Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting you will love applying your knowledge to solve complex commercial transactions and you can help us fill in the gaps across our accounting policies and processes. You will also enjoy operating in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly with a focus on continuous improvement.
A successful Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will strive for excellence and empower your teams through excellent communication skills and a positive attitude towards problem solving.
As the Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting you will be the architect of our US GAAP accounting policies, building the foundations for scalable and GAAP-compliant processes. This will include:
- Overseeing the Company’s financial reporting process, including SEC reporting (Forms 10-Q and 10-K) in accordance with US GAAP, and other financial and government statutory reporting as required.
- Supporting the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors as well as testing and documentation around internal controls.
- Overseeing compliance and review of SOX reporting and documentation.
- Ensuring the proper integration of new accounting pronouncements into financial statements.
- Ensuring compliance with all SEC and GAAP disclosure requirements.
- Participate with the Company’s management and committees and when appropriate on audit, controls, and risk management items.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments.
- Review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package as provided by the accounting team, including income statement and balance sheet analysis, and various management reports.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly stock-based compensation expense entries and other technical accounting related journal entries
- Prepare quarterly cash flow and equity statements
- Prepare quarterly earnings per share calculation
- Assist with technical accounting of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition process, including but not limited to review of new contracts, all related revenue recognition accounting and working with closely with Accounting Manager and cross-functional team on new product introduction and revenue recognition considerations
- Manage ASC 842 Lease accounting process, included but not limited to review of new contacts, all related accounting and review of capitalization schedules Provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
- Review of new customer contracts, leases, debt and equity arrangements to determine the proper GAAP treatments.
- Draft, update, and review accounting policies and procedures, including white papers, that ensure the highest level of compliance with pronouncement and guidance with US GAAP, specific to our industry.
- Enhance the financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the monthly financial reporting package and the quarterly and year end financials including related footnotes.
- Work as part of cross-functional teams with accounting and finance to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of financial reporting as directed.
- Build the processes needed to uplift our accounting processes in order to comply with best practice financial reporting requirements in areas such as management estimates and equity accounting
- Support with ad hoc projects and month-end close activities
- CPA and public accounting experience required (Big 4 preferred)
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA is required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including ASC 606 and ASC 842 reporting requirements
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including experience managing financial reporting at a public company and Big 4 public accounting experience
- Previous public accounting and public company reporting exposure is highly preferred
- Experience working in the tech sector or an equally fast growing, ever-changing global organization
- Strong business acumen with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgment
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and establish best practices
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including not but limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors.The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
- California (Los Angeles Metropolitan): $135,000 - $160,000 annual base salary
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.