Supplier Quality Engineer
The company is focused on hydrogen-electric propulsion solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting a 300-mile range in 9–19 seat aircraft by 2025, and up to 700-mile range in 40–80 seat aircraft by 2027. Based in the UK and USA, ZeroAvia has passed significant flight test milestones, secured a number of key partnerships with major aircraft OEMs and major global airlines, and is on track for commercial operations in 2025. The company’s achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without climate-impacting emissions but also cheaper to operate. The company’s hydrogen infrastructure team is seeking to deliver the hydrogen production and refuelling ecosystem required to fuel the transition to emission-free aviation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven track record in quality environment within the aerospace sector or an equivalent industry sector. You will be involved with every aspect of quality oversight for regulated approvals and aerospace-certificated organisations such as supply chain to program oversight. This includes product certification under Part 21J (design) and Part 21G (production) of new technology and aerospace standards AS9100, AS9145 and AS13100.
You will be a dynamic, self-motivated and quality-focused person who will provide quality engineering interface with all stakeholders (both internal & external), ensuring the quality management system (QMS) is maintained and effective at all levels. Within this role, you will be proactive in communication and continuous in building relationships with all stakeholders.
As a valued team member, you will contribute and drive continuous improvement throughout the organisation and with external stakeholders by promoting quality, safety and best industry practice. You will be involved in contributing to and shaping the quality management system.
This includes being responsible for monitoring and measuring internal quality performance and ensuring robust root cause and corrective actions are implemented for non-conformities leading.
- Development and management of Quality Engineering tools and activities, including, IQSMS, Master Database Management (4.0), FMEA, 8D, and control plans as required by Quality Management to support Business Objectives.
- Compilation and presentation of functional goals for key business functions required supporting Management Reviews.
- Undertake investigation of quality issues to resolution, in conjunction with all necessary internal or external bodies relating to the product.
- Initiate, manage or participate in product re-calls as required by the regulator/customer requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement quality initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the areas of quality engineering, statistical process control, root cause analysis, and other related fields.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices, and proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards and provide guidance to internal stakeholders on how to meet these requirements.
- Actively participate in Design Reviews and new product introduction.
- Support the training of staff in quality-related activities.
- Undertake internal & external audits as programmed audit schedule and generation of non-conformities against the applicable regulatory or aerospace standards.
- Liaison and preparation of customer visits, preparation of visit reports and prompt follow-up of resulting actions.
- Develops and analyses statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas.
- Participates/leads the auditing of internal quality systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- Creates, develops, and analyses organisational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- Investigates and eliminate causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
- Develops, implements, and audits inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- Work toward individual performance goals and support the quality/business key operational objectives
- Minimum of 5 years experience in working within a Quality Management System (QMS) as a quality engineer.
- Has experience in the following:
- PFMEA / 8D
- Experience with AS9145 (APQP / PPAP)
- Experience / demonstrate an understanding of aviation regulation knowledge (UK CAA / EASA)
- Experience / demonstrate an understanding of aviation certification standards (AS9100, AS9145 & AS13100)
- Use of various software tools such as IQSMS, JIRA, Confluence, and other 4.0 software platforms
- Must be able to prove the ability to seek out interesting potential customers, develop contacts and grow opportunities with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrable ability to qualify customers quickly to ensure time is spent effectively on opportunities that are realistic and can be closed.
Degree / HNC qualification or can demonstrate experience in other roles.
Internal Auditor Trained – (Example - ISO9001:2015 or another internal qualification gained within an organisation)
Internal Auditor – AS9100 / Regulation Part 21J or Part 21G
Lead Auditor – AS9100
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.