ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft. Our focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets; initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles.
To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA permit to fly for its 19-seater Dornier 228. We successfully flew the Dornier in January 2022 and we are now gearing up for commercial production. Our achievements to date have been rewarded with significant investment and being invited by UK Prime Minister to be a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only be without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate.
Working within the Design Organisation the Airworthiness Engineer reports to the Head of Airworthiness and is responsible for.
- Providing subject matter expert guidance to the wider design team in relation to Airworthiness aspects
- Leading creation of Airworthiness Demonstration Documentation in accordance with DOA Procedures
- Assisting with the creation of Flight Conditions and Permit to Fly documentation
- Interfacing with various internal and external organisations as required
- Taking an active role in Regulator liaison
- Acting as Certification Test Witness
- Acting as Compliance Verification Engineer (where independent)
- Minimum 2 years practical experience working in a CAA/EASA Part 21J or Military Design Organisation environment including carrying out Type Certification or Significant Major Modifications / Supplemental Type Certificate activities
- Aeronautical Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Part21J and CS-23/25 Regulations
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following:
o Mechanical Systems
o Electrical Systems/Avionics
o Modification Integration
- Previous approval as Part 21J Compliance Verification Engineer / other signatory
- Good understanding of CS-E Regulations
- Experience with certification of new and novel technologies would be highly desirable.
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.