Power Systems Electrical Engineer
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Our focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly its 6-seat aircraft powered by a hydrogen-electric powertrain passed significant flight tests and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on tightly integrating H2 Fuel Cell power systems and storage, along with electric drivetrain components, to deliver a unified solution that is both environmentally friendly and economically superior to traditional aircraft drivetrain solutions.
Hydrogen Infrastructure oversees the safe, reliable, and affordable delivery of low or zero-carbon-intensity hydrogen we need power our planes. Creating strategic airport partnerships, their unique expertise in power markets enables them to mitigate intermittency and ensure the seamless integration of hydrogen into our operations.
Cotswold Airport (Kemble) Join us at Cotswold Airport, home to some of our aircraft and the workplace of many ZeroAvians. Located just outside the historic market town of Cirencester, you’ll experience a workspace built by engineers for engineers. This is a high-velocity and fast-paced environment with good links to the M4 and M5, so it’s fitting that it’s also our UK Head Office.
- System design of innovative aircraft systems up to 1kV.
- System design of EWIS for Aircraft electrical power systems, working with electromagnetic, thermal, and mechanical design specialists (AC43-13B)
- Drafting Electrical System Schematics and Wiring Diagrams 2D drawings and supporting the development of EWIS processes and standards.
- Participating in systems design and integration reviews
- Support EWIS project management, coordination, and reporting within the integration team
- Contribute to the development of physical harness layouts and installation kits and carry out design for assembly and deterioration assessments.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Working knowledge of wiring and harness design software tools (e.g. Zuken E3.series etc…)
- Experience of the system design lifecycle within aerospace, automotive, or similar systems development environment.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3)
- Knowledge of design standards and good practices in EWIS, EMC, bonding, insulation, and related electrotechnical components and materials
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.