Product Quality Engineer
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Our focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2023. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on tightly integrating H2 Fuel Cell power systems and storage, along with electric drivetrain components, to deliver a unified solution that is both environmentally friendly and economically superior to traditional aircraft drivetrain solutions.
ZA is currently looking for an experienced and highly analytical Product Quality Engineer, PQE with a background in Aerospace, Aircraft Maintenance, Aircraft Systems or Aircraft Manufacturing. The PQE will assist in the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system (QMS) for AS9100-ISO9001 certification including elements of AS9145 (APQP, DFMEA/PFMEA, PPAP, customer concerns and customer visits, gauging and tooling, process control plans, supplier issues, customer specific requirements.
- Working knowledge of AS9100, AS9145, AS13100 or IATF16949 quality standards. Guides associates in following ZA’s Quality Management System.
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards
- Establish and implement process control plans to include capability studies, gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies.
- Provide quality related documents to the manufacturing floor, including control plans, control cards, visual aids and work instructions.
- Monitor production floor processes for conformance to control plans and customer requirements which includes fit, function, reliability, durability and reappearance criteria.
- Experience in with AS9145 elements Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Develop and implementation of SPC activities, including originating objectives, goals and timetables, and implementing new techniques as they become available.
- Perform capability studies on new jobs and in other situations where they are needed.
- Participates in and performs Layered Process Audits and Special Process Audits.
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement including Lean.
- May be required to perform inspections and other duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-year College or University Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a Quality related role, preferably in the aerospace or automotive industry.
- Six Sigma or Op-Ex experience preferred
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications including GD & T.
- Ability to support and/or lead root cause analysis, disciplined problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Proven interpersonal skills and personal development skills.
- Experience in a variety of basic operation disciplines: Manufacturing, Quality, Process / Tooling and Shop Floor Supervision.
- The successful candidate must have strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS office application and advanced knowledge of MS Excel, ERP systems (SAP/Oracle/Net-Suite/Siemens/TipQA) etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quality audits: 3 years (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)
- Lead Auditor or Quality Auditor Certification (CQA) (Preferred)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) (Preferred)
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $75,000 - $115,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations