People Operations and Learning & Development Coordinator
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate.
This role will be responsible for providing essential support to the People Operations team. They will work with our People Ops team to support the learning and development needs of the company globally through researching, creating, and developing training programs. You will play a vital role in tracking all training and monitoring mandated and continuation training. You will also support the People Team initiatives.
You will work closely with our internal Safety and Quality team to ensure that all training is relevant and compliant with the CAA and FAA regulations. Knowledge of or previous experience of these regulations is not required.
- Work with the People Ops team to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the learning and development strategy. This will include supporting the development and deployment of training programs, contributing to the streamlining of performance review processes (including supporting underperformance and top performers), and working with key internal and external stakeholders to identify training needs.
- Coordinating delivery of training workshops and support sessions for employees to help them develop professionally and personally.
- Monitoring and recording all mandatory training (including tracking of cyclical or refresher training requirements) to a high standard.
- Maintaining the company-mandated training record to support company compliance with Safety, CAA and FAA regulations
- Driving and supporting the company-wide bi-annual performance review process
- Proactively seeking to continually improve training processes.
- Providing excellent customer service support to all stakeholders and taking a positive solutions-focused approach
- Proactively communicating and driving a positive culture for learning and development
- Supporting stakeholders and training providers with preparation, setting up and managing courses and training events held on or off-site
- Ensure that all data is input in the HR system in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Running regular reports on all training courses to check and follow up on completion of all mandated training
- Working with the finance team to set up and create purchase orders and invoices for training requests and People Ops requirements.
- Quality control, including post-programme evaluation, for all mandatory training and personal development training.
- Providing administrative support to the operational side of the People team (contract production, HR system data entry, etc.)
- Taking responsibility for your own personal and professional development
- Keeping all the Employee files compliant and up to date
- Supporting managers in employee relations activities including performance management, probations, terminations etc.
- Help overlook the onboarding process
- Previous experience in an administrative/coordinator role.
- Experience in balancing and organising a varied workload; setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Experience in supervising; delegating tasks and monitoring progress
- Experience in working in a blended environment, delivering agile and creative solutions using appropriate technology
- An understanding of the importance of equality, diversity, and inclusion, with the ability to embed it into administrative processes
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.