Microsoft 365 Platform Specialist
ZeroAvia is the leader in zero-emission solutions for commercial aviation, helping the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight.
The company is focused on hydrogen-electric propulsion solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting a 300-mile range in 9–19 seat aircraft by 2025, and up to 700-mile range in 40–80 seat aircraft by 2027. Based in the UK and USA, ZeroAvia has passed significant flight test milestones, secured a number of key partnerships with major aircraft OEMs and major global airlines, and is on track for commercial operations in 2025. The company’s achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without climate impacting emissions, but also cheaper to operate. The company’s hydrogen infrastructure team is seeking to deliver the hydrogen production and refuelling ecosystem required to fuel the transition to emission-free aviation.
The Microsoft 365 Platform IT Specialist is part of the IT & Cyber Security Department, with responsibility for day-to-day administration, configuration, and support of ZeroAvia’s Microsoft 365 platforms.
As the Microsoft 365 Platform Specialist, you will support ZeroAvia employee, ensuring a positive user experience whilst maintaining best practice policies and security standards as defined in collaboration with Head of IT & Cyber Security. You will champion M365 adoption within ZeroAvia and are pivotal in ensuring our end user devices are successfully migrated from legacy endpoint management and MDM solutions into Microsoft Endpoint manager, at the same time maintaining and supporting these legacy systems.
The M365 Platform specialist will have a passion for automation, operational availability, and platform security. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage and resolve escalated incidents/requests relating to Microsoft 365 services.
- Escalating and managing escalated incidents and requests through Microsoft Support when necessary
- Be an SME for Microsoft 365 and participate in projects where Microsoft 365 apps or services are required.
- Ensure security policies are enforced and configured correctly in line with standards.
- Manage user and application security policies
- Identify, design and implement opportunities for automation to increase efficiency for employees and IT Technology staff
- Perform regular license and application utilisation reports to ensure that ZeroAvia is licensed effectively and getting value for money
- Ensure end user devices are being regularly patched with application and security updates
- Maintain Endpoint manager and company portal, ensuring new software packages are created in line with business requirements
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge repository detailing technical designs, configuration and support guides
- Microsoft 365 Administration, Configuration and Support
- Customer service focused • Proactive, motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Offers solutions when faced with challenges
- Preferably M365 certified (though not essential with relevant experience)
- Excellent experience of supporting, managing and configuring Microsoft 365 services including, but not limited to, Endpoint Manager, Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint, PowerApps and Azure AD
- Experience with integrations between Microsoft 365 and other platforms including the implementation of SSO and SCIM for on premise and SaaS solutions
- Automation experience using PowerShell or other scripting language
- A good understanding of Microsoft 365 licensing
- Experience of Apple DEP and managing iOS, MacOS, Android and Windows devices using Intune
- Adapt to changing priorities whilst maintaining focus on overall objectives
- Be an advocate of clearly documented technical procedures and configuration
- Problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $75,000 - $95,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations