Mechanical Designs Engineer
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on tightly integrating H2 Fuel Cell power systems and storage, along with electric drivetrain components, to deliver a unified solution that is both environmentally friendly and economically superior to traditional aircraft drivetrain solutions.
Create and manage aerospace engineering CAD designs, models, assemblies, drawings and other assets in close collaboration with engineering colleagues. Expert knowledge of NX / SolidWorks preferred. Maintain assets in the PLM system in accordance with company and industry standards. Experience with Teamcenter is a plus.
Must have mechanical engineering experience and ability to work independently. Experience with complex components and assemblies, solid and surface modelling, and managing CAD data files and architecture. Experience with simulation tools for mechanical, thermal and fluid flow analysis. Proficient at creating mechanical engineering drawings and GD&T.
Diligent, results-focused and flexible. Aerospace experience, knowledge of CAA, EASA, FAA certification, regulations and related standards a plus.
- Ownership of CAD design and data
- Support the design team on CAD environment, processes and best practices
- Create 3D CAD models of complex parts and assemblies
- Perform simulation and analysis as required
- Prepare GD&T production drawings conforming to all applicable regulatory standards
- Apply knowledge of materials, finishes and manufacturing processes to drawings
- Participate/lead design reviews
- Work closely with engineers and manufacturing personnel to ensure that all aspects of the design are understood
- Serve as liaison with operations during the manufacture of parts to ensure that all design issues are resolved and drawings are updated
- Technically direct work and check drawings of lower-level drafters
- Provide expertise in CAD software for specific problem-solving on a project
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals/deadlines
Experience and qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and commensurate depth of technical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert user in NX/ SolidWorks
- Experience with Teamcenter PLM or similar
- Experience with NX / SolidWorks simulation
- Experience in the creation of complex aerospace 3D CAD and mechanical engineering drawings
- Knowledge of materials, finishes and other processes including additive manufacturing
- Commensurate depth of related aerospace industry experience
- Have the ability to assimilate technology and technical details quickly and communicate the requirements clearly to ZeroAvia colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and level of spoken and written English, additional languages a plus
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a growing multinational team
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion statement
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.