Fuel Cell Test Engineer
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
Site testing of hydrogen PEMFC-based power systems and associated equipment
- Electrically and mechanically test power products and components, mainly PEMFC modules, to meet the standards required by the product specifications using approved test procedures and methods.
- Fault finding using a methodical approach to Electrical, Mechanical and Software systems.
- Ability to understand Electrical drawings, Functional Design Specifications.
- Understand basic principles of testing equipment Hardware and Software O&M.
- Understand and adopt safe working practices associated with special and industrial gas treatment.
- Developing new methods and testing practices.
- Writing process instructions and statements, SOP.
- Completion of Test records and reports using MS packages and Production software packages
- HNC or higher in electrical or electronic-based engineering.
- Electrical testing of control and power systems with an electrical fault finding bias, electrical protection testing and use of load banks.
- Good knowledge of electrical power systems, control systems, mechanical & pneumatic systems, high-pressure vessels & gas supply lines.
- Be able to demonstrate a keen interest in zero-emission technologies and a strong motivation for a career in engineering and product development.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to self-manage your time.
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.