At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) Technician to join our team. As an EWIS Technician, you will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and repair of electrical wiring systems. Your expertise and knowledge will play a critical role in ensuring the safe and reliable operation of ZeroAvia's critical test systems. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of EWIS regulations, possess excellent troubleshooting skills, and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Conduct thorough inspections of electrical wiring systems, adhering to relevant company requirements and applicable industry standards.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including cleaning, testing, and repairing electrical connectors, terminals, and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring issues, diagnose faults, and implement effective repair solutions to ensure optimal system performance.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all inspections, maintenance activities, repairs, and modifications performed on electrical wiring systems, utilizing appropriate record-keeping systems and tools.
- Collaborate with other maintenance personnel, engineers, and technicians to analyze and resolve complex electrical system problems.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in EWIS regulations, industry standards, and best practices to ensure compliance and promote continuous improvement in system maintenance processes.
- Participate in training programs and workshops to enhance technical skills, expand knowledge of EWIS principles, and improve overall job performance.
- Adhere to safety protocols, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE), when working on electrical systems to mitigate risks and maintain a safe work environment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of preventive maintenance programs to identify and address potential electrical system failures before they occur.
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to procure necessary components, tools, and equipment required for EWIS maintenance and repair activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical training or certification in aviation maintenance, avionics, or a related field is a plus
- Knowledge or previous experience with soldering of electronics assemblies and IPC certification is a plus
- Previous experience as an EWIS Technician or similar role in the aviation, automotive, or energy industry is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical wiring systems, including wire routing, connectors, splices, and electrical bonding principles for low voltage (<50V) and high voltage (>50V) systems
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve electrical system issues effectively.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring diagrams, and maintenance manuals to facilitate maintenance and repair tasks
- Proficiency in using specialized tools, equipment, and software for testing and analyzing electrical systems, such as multimeters, continuity testers, and high voltage test equipment
- Detail-oriented mindset with excellent organizational skills to maintain accurate records and documentation
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including maintenance personnel, engineers, and suppliers
- Commitment to safety protocols and a strong understanding of electrical hazards and safety practices in an aviation maintenance environment
Diversity and Inclusion
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $70,000 - $150,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations