At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
ZeroAvia is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will provide technical support to Operations and execute Manufacturing Engineering activities to develop, maintain and continuously improve methods of manufacture. Ensure that the methods of manufacture are capable of meeting and continue to meet business and customer requirements for safety, quality, cost, delivery rate and leadtime.
- Ensure that all Methods of Manufacture are fully compliant to Health, Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Ensuring that methods of manufacture are capable of achieving the design intent and continuously meet these requirements. Ensure that the processes are followed so that our products conform to their specification. Rigorously raise, investigate and resolve safety related issues.
- Drive a culture of zero defect within the business. Work with all functions to reduce risk and drive product Right First Time. Ensure compliance to all relevant company, legislative and technical standards within Manufacturing.
- Ensure application of manufacturing process controls within their area of accountability, with authorisation subject to appropriate delegation from the MEM. Act as local authority signatory for change, where applicable subject to delegation from the MEM.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the method of manufacture. Promote and implement improvements through the deployment of improved manufacturing processes, digital systems and technologies.
- Plan and manage activities including schedule, resources and costs, gaining approval from relevant stakeholders. Ensure issues and risks are resolved to meet milestones.
- Create and manage production readiness material of new methods of manufacture and manufacturing capabilities. Capture process capability and ensure these are reviewed and acted upon within the business and new product design
- Maintain the Production Technical Packages for all parts/assemblies. Ensure methods of manufacture and manufacturing capabilities are able to meet the requirements for quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time. Provide the appropriate level of technical support to operations to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Capture and utilise lessons learnt. Identify, document and share best practise including participation in community of practice events.
- Responsible for self development to meet the required competencies for the role. Continuously seeks to expand knowledge and experience. Acts as a leader of the ME community within the business, ensuring required competencies are in place and promotes the development of the community.
- Operate beneficial business relationships with technology partners, joint ventures and other suppliers to enable delivery of their objectives.